Aerosmith Contest: Be the Opening Act on Summer Tour
Aerosmith and the Guitar Hero: Aerosmith video game are giving fans the chance to be the opening act for the Guitar Hero: Aerosmith Presents Aerosmith tour with special guests ZZ Top. The tour -- for which tickets are available now at livenation.com -- kicks off June 10 in St. Louis, with ZZ Top joining the tour on June 21.The catch? Fans simply have to prove their mettle on Guitar Hero: Aerosmith.
In each city the tour hits, two victorious fret-burners will perform before ZZ Top (or the support acts for the dates where ZZ Top aren’t performing), playing Guitar Hero: Aerosmith onstage in front of massive audiences. One grand prize winner will be chosen from Aerosmith’s YouTube channel online and others will be chosen from participating radio stations.
Winners also receive two tickets to the show, a Guitar Hero: Aerosmith prize package and a personal pre-show congratulatory meet-and-greet with Aerosmith's Steven Tyler (vocals) and Joe Perry (guitar). That's for the winners, not their guests, since the backstage area can only accommodate winners and fellow rock stars.
Further solidifying the winner’s status, each opening set will be filmed and featured on Aeroforceone.com and the Aerosmith YouTube channel.
The contest will be showcased on social media sites including MySpace, Facebook, Twitter, iLike and official web sites such as Aerosmith.com and Aeroforceone.com; and Guitar Hero web sites including GuitarHero.com and Guitar Hero’s Facebook group.
Here's how to enter:
1) Create a video either ripping some serious air guitar using the Guitar Hero controller or shredding a wicked session of Guitar Hero: Aerosmith.
2) Upload video to YouTube. IMPORTANT: EACH VIDEO ENTRY MUST BE CLEARLY TAGGED AS FOLLOWS: “AerosmithOpeningAct” (one word, no spaces) and another tag with the city you want to win (i.e. “Mansfield"). So your two tags would be: “AerosmithOpeningAct” and “Mansfield.” (Use the city name listed under the “Location” column on the Aeroforceone.com tour page.
3) Subscribe to Aerosmith’s Official YouTube Channel at www.youtube.com/theofficialaerosmith. We’ll update the contest videos on a weekly basis, so make sure to see your entry posted after a week. If it's not there, double check that you tagged it correctly. If you entered everything correctly, email email@example.com with a link to your YouTube video contest entry, the city you hope to win, your first and last name and your email address.
4) AF1 will pick a winner in each city. Hint: To get your video noticed make sure your vid is crazy, cool, rockin', funny, creative, insane or all of the above -- within the letter of the law, of course.
5) Winners will be informed on a rolling basis two weeks before each show. Even if you're not a grand prize winner, there are some fantastic runner-up prizes. There will be other winners based on videos with the most ratings, comments or creativity. Guitar Hero game packs and pairs of tickets to the shows, will be available Runners Up prizes.
6) Make sure you stay in touch with all the contest news—sign up for AeroForceOne’s official email newsletter (www.aeroforceone.com) and follow AF1 on Twitter (www.twitter.com/aeroforceone) to stay up on the leaders!
If you don't win the Opening Act contest, there's still a way to get on the same stage as Aerosmith. Aero Force One (AF1), the band's official fan club, offers exclusive VIP packages for every show on the band's massive summer tour. With the "Ultra Sweet Spot," take a guided backstage tour to meet the cast and crew in charge of Aerosmith's legendary live productions. Stand onstage in the same spot where Steven, Joe, Tom, Brad and Joey will play to thousands of screaming fans and rock the rafters mere hours later. Hang out at a pre-show party where Joey Kramer will make a special appearance and share up-close and personal “Joey Kramer” and of course Aerosmith stories. From your seats in the first 10 rows you'll get close enough to see legendary guitarists at work -- watch Brad Whitford and Joe Perry's fingers fly on every note in Aerosmith's blistering set list. AF1 offers a range of VIP packages, each tailored to the ultimate Aerosmith fan experience. (With "Wheels Up," you can meet Steven and Joe!). If you just want to get to the show, AF1 offers tickets-only with "Premium Tickets" -- and throws in some killer merchandise just for being a fan club member. Visit Aeroforceone.com for details.
Click here for official contest terms & conditions.
Wed 6/10 St. Louis, MO Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
Sat 6/13 East Troy, WI Alpine Valley Music Theatre
Tue 6/16 Boston, MA Comcast Center
With ZZ Top:
Sun 6/21 Washington, DC Nissan Pavilion
Wed 6/24 Pittsburgh, PA Post-Gazette Pavilion
Fri 6/26 Wantagh, NY Nikon at Jones Beach Theater
Sun 6/28 Uncasville, CT Mohegan Sun Arena
Wed 7/1 Cincinnati, OH Riverbend Music Center
Fri 7/3 Hershey, PA Hersheypark Stadium
Sun 7/5 Virginia Beach, VA Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
Tue 7/7 Raleigh, NC Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion at Walnut Creek
Thu 7/9 Charlotte, NC Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
Sat 7/11 Tampa, FL Ford Amphitheatre
Mon 7/13 Ft. Lauderdale, FL BankAtlantic Center
Wed 7/15 Atlanta, GA Lakewood Amphitheatre
Fri 7/17 Houston, TX Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
Sun 7/19 Dallas, TX Superpages.com Center
Sat 7/25 Las Vegas, NV MGM Grand Garden Arena
Mon 7/27 Phoenix, AZ Cricket Wireless Pavilion
Thu 7/30 Tulsa, OK BOK Center
Sat 8/1 Denver, CO Fiddler’s Green Amphitheatre
Mon 8/17 Seattle, WA White River Amphitheatre
Wed 8/19 Concord, CA Sleep Train Pavilion
Sun 8/23 Irvine, CA Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
Fri 8/28 Chicago, IL First Midwest Bank Amp.
Sun 8/30 Indianapolis, IN Verizon Wireless Music Center
Tue 9/1 Kansas City, MO Sprint Center
Thu 9/3 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre
Sat 9/5 Ottawa, ON Scotiabank Place
Tue 9/8 St. Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center
Thu 9/10 Cleveland, OH Blossom Music Center
Sat 9/12 Holmdel, NJ PNC Bank Arts Center
Mon 9/14 New York, NY Madison Square Garden
Wed 9/16 Detroit, MI Palace of Auburn Hills