Assembly of Dust Announce New Album Details
Out July 21 on Missing Piece/Rock Ridge Music, Assembly of Dust’s Some Assembly Required contains the strongest collection of songs the group has created to date, each expertly crafted tune illuminated by a stellar lineup of guests. Every musician recruited lends their considerable talents in service of band leader Reid Genauer’s skillful compositions, an inspired, inventive and spirited version of American rock and roots music.
Critical kudos have been bestowed upon Genauer and the band, ranging from the New York Times to the Village Voice, who hailed him as "an articulate songwriter with a sturdy, well-crafted song cycle of an album as proof," and a delivery that "fleshes out the tunes like a good movie can elucidate a short story." Assembly of Dust also has a large and rabid following, regularly selling out NYC’s Bowery Ballroom, Boston’s Paradise and San Francisco’s Independent, as well as performing at major festivals like Bonnaroo.
Each of Assembly of Dust’s songs are realized with an ace band -- Genauer on vocals and rhythm guitar, lead guitarist Adam Terrell, bassist John Leccese and drummer Andy Herrick -- and a diverse collection of collaborators (including Bela Fleck, David Grisman, John Scofield, Mike Gordon, Richie Havens, and Martin Sexton). Highlights include; opener “All That I Am Now,” with Genauer trading verses with Havens over a galloping, insistent beat and swirls of psychedelic guitar, the “Strawberry Fields”-esque “Arc of the Sun,” the aching beauty of “Light Blue Lover” with Genauer backed by the supple harmonies of Grace Potter and the guitar work of Tony Rice, and the country shuffle of “Leadbelly,” enhanced by the masterful pedal steel of Jerry Douglas.
Some Assembly Required Tracklist:
1. All That I Am Now - featuring Richie Havens
2. The Second Song - featuring Keller Williams
3. Pedal Down - featuring Zach and Andrew Gabbard (Buffalo Killers)
4. Cold Coffee - featuring David Grisman
5. Arc of the Sun - featuring Mike Gordon
6. Light Blue Lover - featuring Grace Potter and Tony Rice
7. Edges - featuring Bela Fleck
8. Leadbelly - featuring Jerry Douglas
9. Borrowed Feet - featuring John Scofield
10. Revelry - featuring Martin Sexton and Tony Rice
12. High Brow - featuring Al Schnier
13. You Lay The Dust - featuring Jeff Pevar
You Might Also Like...
16 hours 9 min ago
17 hours 17 min ago
18 hours 55 min ago
22 hours 31 min ago
1 day 19 hours ago
1 day 23 hours ago
1 day 23 hours ago
In the Magazine
Most Commented Articles
GUITAR WORLD ON FACEBOOK
Guitar World on Twitter
- 1 of 22