Metallica's Death Magnetic: Reader Reviews
Death Magnetic is finally out, and we want to know what you think! Curious about what we think? Here are some of our impressions now that we've spent a few days listening to it:
* Best Metallica record since the Black Album
* Amazing, vintage-style Hetfield galloping/chugging riffs. Blazing Hammett solos.
* Album has terrific pacing...numerous songs start off at once pace and build and build to a frenetic speed metal crescendo, always making you feel like the song ended on a brilliantly energetic note.
* Standout tracks: "All Nightmare Long" (best Metallica song since 1991), "That Was Just Your Life," "My Apocalypse" and "Judas Kiss." Weakest song: "Cyanide." Decent ones: "The End of the Line," "Broken, Beat and Scarred," "Suicide & Redemption."
* James' vocals are okay, maybe a little too clean this time. Not gruff enough for our tastes (he kills on "All Nightmare Long," though).
* Overall, the record is a pleasant surprise: it totally rips in many places, and has many more highlights than lowlights.
Now we want to know what you think. Add your comments below!
You Might Also Like...
30 min 48 sec ago
4 hours 7 min ago
7 hours 5 min ago
7 hours 38 min ago
7 hours 54 min ago
Jim Dunlop Effect Pedal Throwdown, Round 3: MXR Super Badass Distortion Vs. Way Huge Green Rhino Overdrive8 hours 7 min ago
1 day 49 min ago
In the Magazine
Most Commented Articles
GUITAR WORLD ON FACEBOOK
Guitar World on Twitter
- 1 of 166