Metallica's Death Magnetic: Reader Reviews
Death Magnetic is finally out, and we want to know what you think! Curious about what we think? Here are some of our impressions now that we've spent a few days listening to it:
* Best Metallica record since the Black Album
* Amazing, vintage-style Hetfield galloping/chugging riffs. Blazing Hammett solos.
* Album has terrific pacing...numerous songs start off at once pace and build and build to a frenetic speed metal crescendo, always making you feel like the song ended on a brilliantly energetic note.
* Standout tracks: "All Nightmare Long" (best Metallica song since 1991), "That Was Just Your Life," "My Apocalypse" and "Judas Kiss." Weakest song: "Cyanide." Decent ones: "The End of the Line," "Broken, Beat and Scarred," "Suicide & Redemption."
* James' vocals are okay, maybe a little too clean this time. Not gruff enough for our tastes (he kills on "All Nightmare Long," though).
* Overall, the record is a pleasant surprise: it totally rips in many places, and has many more highlights than lowlights.
Now we want to know what you think. Add your comments below!
You Might Also Like...
5 hours 12 min ago
8 hours 45 min ago
9 hours 32 min ago
14 hours 57 min ago
May 2014 Guitar World: Zakk Wylde & Joe Satriani, How to Build a Pedal Board, John Frusciante, Death Angel, Tabs, Lessons and More14 hours 58 min ago
1 day 4 hours ago
1 day 5 hours ago
In the Magazine
Most Commented Articles
GUITAR WORLD ON FACEBOOK
Guitar World on Twitter
- 1 of 421