Gregg Allman To Release First New Solo Album In 14 Years
Legendary Allman brother Gregg Allman will release his first solo record in 14 years on January 18, 2011 via Rounder Records. Low Country Blues, which was inspired by the coastal Georgia region Allman calls home, was produced by T Bone Burnett and recorded at his Village Recorder studio in Los Angeles. The record features Dr. John on piano, guitarist Doyle Bramhall II and Burnett's go-to rhythm section of bassist Dennis Crouch and drummer Jay Bellerose.
Low Country Blues finds Allman putting his own stamp on songs by some of the blues giants whose work has long informed his own, from Muddy Waters and BB King to Buddy Guy and Magic Sam. Though constantly on the road, Allman has spent precious little time in the studio since the 2002 death of producer Tom Dowd—the man behind the glass for much of his recorded career. Skeptical at first, Allman and Burnett quickly bonded and work began in January 2010.
Low Country Blues track listing:
1. Floating Bridge (Sleepy John Estes)
2. Little By Little (Junior Wells)
3. Devil Got My Woman (Skip James)
4. I Can't Be Satisfied (Muddy Waters)
5. Blind Man (Bobby Bland)
6. Just Another Rider (Gregg Allman & Warren Haynes)
7. Please Accept My Love (BB King)
8. I Believe I'll Go Back Home (Traditional)
9. Tears Tears Tears (Amos Milburn)
10. My Love is Your Love (Samuel Maghett)
11. Checking On My Baby (Otis Rush)
12. Rolling Stone (Traditional)
Get our Free Newsletter Here!
You Might Also Like...
With 'Workingman’s Dead,' the Grateful Dead Shifted from Uncommercial Jam Band to One of the World's Most Popular Acts10 hours 9 sec ago
10 hours 1 min ago
Pettyjohn Electronics Announces the PettyDrive Deluxe, a Studio-Grade Dual-Channel Analog Overdrive Pedal — Demo Video3 days 7 hours ago
3 days 8 hours ago
Stevie Ray Vaughan, Steve Vai, Yngwie Malmsteen, Slash and More Play "The Star-Spangled Banner" — Video3 days 9 hours ago
3 days 9 hours ago
3 days 11 hours ago