Metallica Launch Mission Metallica Web Site
In what promises to be an exciting and innovative interactive experience for fans of Metallica, the band has announced it will launch a brand-new web site, Mission Metallica, which offers users a unique look into on the making of Metallica’s upcoming ninth studio album, which the band began recording last year with producer Rick Rubin.
Rather than wait until the album’s fall release date, fans will be able to access a special-edition version of the album before it comes out by joining missionmetallica.com. Set to launch on May 27th, the web site will feature a treasure trove of exclusive content, including the low-down from the band members themselves about their progress in the studio via fly-on-the-wall video footage, audio of riffs and excerpts of new songs, exclusive new and never-before-seen archival photos from the studio, plus the chance to win tickets and meet-and-greet passes to Metallica’s live concert events this summer. All of this content is absolutely free.
And if that free content isn’t enough, fans can also join Mission: Metallica Platinum, which gains users access, high-quality digital album downloads delivered at midnight on release date, the physical album CD, plus complete downloads of classic live shows, exceedingly more fly-on-the-wall studio footage, loads of additional photos, and ringtones of riffs from the new album. In addition, Platinum members will be able to enter exclusive contests with the chance to win airfare, hotel, concert tickets, and meet-and-greet passes to Metallica’s headlining performances at this year’s Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival, Ozzfest, and the U.K.’s Reading Festival, as well as a special album listening party at the band’s Northern California headquarters.
The album + web content packages will be made available in the following six configurations:
* MISSION: METALLICA. Includes fly-on-the-wall footage, riffs and excerpts, new and archival photos, unique live tracks, audio and video blog postings, plus the chance to win concert tickets and backstage passes. Cost: FREE.
* HIGH-QUALITY DIGITAL ALBUM DOWNLOAD. Package includes a digital version of the album at 320 KBIT/S, which is a better sound quality than what is available through most digital retailers. Users can pre-order the album download, delivered at midnight on street date. Cost: $11.99.
* PHYSICAL CD + HIGH-QUALITY DIGITAL ALBUM DOWNLOAD. Package includes the physical CD, plus shipping, as well as the high-quality, 320 KBIT/S digital version of the album. Users can pre-order the album digital download, delivered at midnight on street date. Cost: $19.99.
* HIGH-QUALITY DIGITAL ALBUM DOWNLOAD + MISSION: METALLICA PLATINUM. Package includes high-quality, 320 KBIT/S digital version of the album, delivered at midnight on street date, plus Platinum Mission: Metallica Experience. Cost: $24.99.
* PHYSICAL CD, HIGH-QUALITY DIGITAL ALBUM DOWNLOAD + MISSION: METALLICA PLATINUM. Package includes the physical CD, plus shipping, high-quality, 320 KBIT/S digital version of the album, delivered at midnight on street date, plus Platinum Mission: Metallica Experience. Cost: $32.99.
* LIMITED EDITION: FIVE VINYL LP BOXED SET, PHYSICAL CD, HIGH-QUALITY DIGITAL ALBUM DOWNLOAD, LITHOGRAPH + MISSION: METALLICA PLATINUM. Limited-edition package includes a boxed set of five LPs, each pressed on 180-gram, 45 rpm vinyl, with five individual sleeves, the physical CD, the high-quality, 320 KBIT/S digital version of the album delivered at midnight on street date, a Mission: Metallica lithograph, the Platinum Mission: Metallica Experience, plus all shipping included. Cost: $124.99.
You Might Also Like...
9 hours 54 min ago
Jim Dunlop Effect Pedal Throwdown, Round 3: MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay Vs. Way Huge Echo-Puss Delay10 hours 7 min ago
10 hours 15 min ago
1 day 1 hour ago
1 day 5 hours ago
1 day 8 hours ago
1 day 9 hours ago
In the Magazine
Most Commented Articles
GUITAR WORLD ON FACEBOOK
Guitar World on Twitter
- 1 of 167