NAMM 2013: Framus Announces Panthera 8-String Guitar
For guitarists who think six or seven strings aren't enough, Framus has introduced its upgrade: the Framus Panthera 8-string guitar.
The guitar is made in Germany and features a mahogany body with a carved top. The maple neck is laminated with Santos Rosewood stripes, which stabilize the neck. The fretboard is made of rosewood with a 27-inch scale length.
The sound of this “deep-tone“ guitar is captured by two active Seymour Duncan pickups. The 24 Extra High Jumbo Nickelsilver frets are dressed with Invisible Fret Technology, plus fluorescent side dots, which are set into the neck with Framus’ unique neck processing unit.
The Panthera is equipped with Sperzel Trim-Lok machine heads, a GraphTech Black Tusq Low Friciton nut, a Hipshot Fixed Bridge and Chrome hardware. Available finishes include Natural Satin, Coloured Oil, High Polish topwith Satin back and sides or completely High Polish.
For more about Framus, visit the company's official website.
• Set-neck Carved Top / Flat back
• Available as right-handed or left-handed*
• Sperzel Trim-Lok machine heads
• GraphTech Black TUSQ low friction nut
• Maple neck with Santos Rosewood stripes
• Rosewood fingerboard
• Illuminated side dots Dot inlays
• Scale length: 27” (686 mm)
• 24 Extra High frets, Nickelsilver (Width: 2,9mm/Height: 1,3mm), rounded edges
• IFT - Invisible Fretwork Technology + Plek Fretwork
• Mahogany Body
• Original Seymour Duncan pickups: active Blackout Phase 1 AHB-1n 8 (neck) / AHB-1b 8 (neck)
• Matched wooden electronic compartment
• Volume / Tone control push/pull for splitting humbucker
• 3-way switch
• Hipshot Fixed Bridge
• Warwick Security Locks
• Gold hardware
• Strings: .010” - .064”
• Including Framus “User Kit”
• Including RockCase Flight Case (RC 10826 SA Manufactured in Germany by Framus
You Might Also Like...
3 hours 6 min ago
3 hours 8 min ago
5 hours 11 min ago
7 hours 1 min ago
Jim Dunlop Effect Pedal Throwdown, Round 1: Way Huge Pork Loin Overdrive Vs. Way Huge Fat Sandwich Distortion7 hours 31 min ago
December 2014 Guitar World: Slipknot, Slash on 'Fire,' Joe Bonamassa, D'Angelico Jazz Box Phenomenon and More7 hours 32 min ago
9 hours 29 min ago