New Van Halen Book by Guitar World Editors Chronicles '40 Years of the Great American Rock Band'
The editors of Guitar World have compiled a new book dedicated to one of the greatest rock bands the U.S. has ever produced: Van Halen. The book, Van Halen: 40 Years of the Great American Rock Band, tells you everything you ever wanted to know about Eddie Van Halen, David Lee Roth, Michael Anthony, Alex Van Halen and Sammy Hagar.
The book is the ultimate collection of interviews with and stories about the mighty Van Halen — from their beginnings as a young rock act on the Sunset Strip through their critically acclaimed 2012 comeback album, A Different Kind of Truth.
You'll learn everything there is to know about every era of Van Halen, including:
• The 50 greatest Van Halen songs of all time, from “Runnin’ with the Devil” to “Tattoo” and every classic song in between. GW’s editors pick the best of the best.
• The complete history of Van Halen — their early struggles as an unknown rock outfit to their ascension to worldwide superstar status, as well as the revolving door of singers that fronted the band after the initial departure of David Lee Roth.
• The making of nearly every Van Halen record in the band’s extensive catalog, including Van Halen, Van Halen II, Women and Children First, 1984, For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge and A Different Kind of Truth.
• Revealing interviews with Eddie Van Halen in which he details his guitar playing on nearly every Van Halen album, the gear he used during recordings and onstage, his relationships with his bandmates past and present and his longtime battle with alcohol.
• A legendary roundtable discussion between Eddie Van Halen and his hero, guitar pioneer Les Paul.
• In his own words, Wolfgang Van Halen: the teenage son of Eddie who became Van Halen’s permanent bass player after Michael Anthony’s departure.
The book is available now through the following online retailers:
Through the years, Guitar World has been there to bring you in-depth, first-hand reports on Edward Van Halen’s tumultuous career. It’s been a wild ride for Eddie and Van Halen — and you can read all about it right here in this incredible collection of historic interviews and articles from the pages of GW.
You Might Also Like...
12 hours 56 min ago
14 hours 1 min ago
17 hours 37 min ago
19 hours 28 min ago
19 hours 35 min ago
20 hours 11 min ago
20 hours 20 min ago
In the Magazine
Most Commented Articles
Guitar World on Facebook
Guitar World On Twitter
GuitarWorld RT @bradangle: @JasonCNewsted just dropped by @GuitarWorld office & immediately tagged our conference room wall t.co/qyxjsc0Kxc
GuitarWorld Lesson: Learning Paganini's 16th Caprice in G Minor, Part 2 t.co/x0N0Zpf1JC Includes tablature. @WillWallner
GuitarWorld Listen: @Megadeth Premiere New Song, "Kingmaker" t.co/41XIqqcRWS #NowPlaying
GuitarWorld Linkin Park’s Chester Bennington Performs and Releases Single with Stone Temple Pilots t.co/gmMewM5Plf
GuitarWorld Video: @OfficialSabbath Release Behind-the-Scenes Footage of Making of '13' Cover Art t.co/vVPNuvm45U #Fire #13
GuitarWorld Photo Gallery: Top 10 Weirdest Custom Guitars t.co/v8RsI88FEW