New York City Guitarists Invited to Unite June 21 for "Mass Appeal: Guitars"
Guitar World and New York City Guitar School will present the fifth annual "Mass Appeal: Guitars" event June 21 in New York City.
The event invites guitarists to gather in Union Square for a large-scale, play-along jam. "Mass Appeal: Guitars" takes place during MakeMusicNY, New York City’s all-day music festival involving thousands of musicians throughout the city.
"Mass Appeal: Guitars" will take place in Union Square Park at the South Pavilion 4 to 7 p.m. New York City Guitar School will host a practice session starting 4 p.m., followed by the Spanish Channel at 4:45 p.m.
This free event, which is open to all guitarists, will begin 6 p.m. with opening remarks by Brad Tolinski, editor-in-chief of Guitar World. Other highlights include songs led by Laura B. Whitmore and Guitar World’s Paul Riario, with a rousing finale lead by Judas Priestess front woman MilitiA.
The following songs will be included in the "Mass Appeal: Guitars" program. Instructional videos and extra information can be found here.
• Lynyrd Skynyrd - “Gimme Three Steps”: Paul Riario (Gear Editor, Guitar World)
• The Beatles - “I Saw Her Standing There”: Mark Stewart (Musical Director/MD, Guitar Mash, guitarist for Paul Simon)
• Tom Petty - “Free Falling”: NYC Guitar School/Brooklyn Guitar School/Upper East Side Guitar School/Queens Guitar School directors Jen Elliott, Shane Chapman, Amy Molewski and Ivan Orellana
• Creedence Clearwater Revival - “Bad Moon Rising”: Rob Davidson (VH1 Save The Music)
• The Lumineers - “Ho Hey”: Laura B. Whitmore (Guitar World/Founder of Women's International Music Network)
• Florence and the Machine - “Dog Days are Over”: Vanessa Malanga (NYC Guitar School)
• The Beatles - “I Want To Hold Your Hand” (TBD)
• Judas Priest - “Living After Midnight”: MilitiA (Judas Priestess)
Participants must bring their own instruments.
More information can be found at meetup.com/mass-appeal-guitars/events/117726092/.
You Might Also Like...
15 hours 18 min ago
15 hours 23 min ago
15 hours 50 min ago
16 hours 10 min ago
Edward Ball's 'Manual of Gretsch Guitars: 1950s,' Is Ultimate Go-To Book for Info About Vintage Gretsch Models16 hours 43 min ago
18 hours 30 min ago
20 hours 10 min ago
In the Magazine
Most Commented Articles
GUITAR WORLD ON FACEBOOK
Guitar World on Twitter
- 1 of 570