Guitar World: October 2013 Videos
These videos are bonus content related to the October 2013 issue of Guitar World. For the full range of interviews, features, tabs and more, pick up the new issue on newsstands now, or in our online store.
• Man of Steel: Palm Muting, Vibrato and How to Play "Gold-Digging Whore"
• Hole Notes: The Acoustic Prog-Rock Riffs of Rush's Alex Lifeson
• In Deep: More on How to Turn Improvised Phrasing Ideas Into Memorable Solos
• Metal for Life: How to Produce Fresh-Sounding Licks from a Familiar Scale
• All That Jazz: Chromatic Arpeggios and Soloing on "Out of the Blue"
• String Theory: A Harmonically Intriguing, Saxophone-Like Solo Played Over a Familiar Rock Ballad Chord Progression
• United Stringdom: More on Ascending and Descending Legato Runs and Developing "Fret-Hand" Traction
• Rockin' the Country: Adapting More Pedal-Steel-Inspired Licks and Chord-Playing Ideas to the Electric Guitar
• Talkin' Blues: The Aggressively Quirky, Knife-Edged Soloing Style of Pat Hare
• Review: Carvin DC800 Eight-String Guitar
• Review: D'Angelico EX-DC Semihollow Guitar
• Review: Epiphone EL-00 Pro Acoustic-Electric Guitar
• Review: Schecter USA Hellwin 100 Guitar Amp
• Review: Budda Zenman OD/Boost Pedal