Poison and Tesla: Battle of the Cover Albums!
On June 5, the Tesla Electric Company Recordings label will release Real to Reel, a collection of classic rock covers performed and recorded by Eighties rockers Tesla—and on the same day, EMI America/Capitol will release POISON’D!, a 13-track assemblage of songs originally performed by Alice Cooper, David Bowie, Kiss and others. A second disc of cover songs will be available at Tesla shows this summer, bringing the total number of Real to Reel songs to 25 (the retail version of the disc will come with one disc and will have space in the packaging for the second disc).
Produced by Tesla and Tom Zutaut, Real to Reel will feature 13 tracks, all recorded through a vintage Neve console directly to Ampex 456 analog tape to capture the classic vibe of these legendary songs.
Tesla’s current lineup features Jeff Keith (vocals), Frank Hannon (guitars), Brian Wheat (bass), Troy Luccketta (drums) and new guitarist Dave Rude, who took over for departed axman Tommy Skeoch.
Real to Reel Track Listing:
1) “Space Truckin’ ” (Deep Purple)
2) “Walk Away” (James Gang)
3) “Hand Me Down World” (The Guess Who)
4) “Bad Reputation” (Thin Lizzy)
5) “Thank You” (Led Zeppelin)
6) “I’ve Got a Feeling” (The Beatles)
7) “Day of the Eagle” (Robin Trower)
8) “Ball of Confusion” (Temptations)
9) “Rock Bottom” (UFO)
10) “Stealin’ ” (Uriah Heep)
11) “Bell Bottom Blues” (Eric Clapton)
12) “Honkey Tonk Women” (Rolling Stones)
13) “Dear Mr. Fantasy” (Traffic)
Featuring Poison’s original members, Bret Michaels (vocals), C.C. Deville (guitar), Rikki Rockett (drums) and Bobby Dall (bass), POISON’D! presents the band’s first new studio recordings since 2002’s Hollyweird. Produced by Don Was at Hensen Recording Studios in Hollywood, POISON’D! features 13 tracks, including new recordings of David Bowie’s “Suffragette City,” the Cars’ “You’re Just What I Needed,” the Romantics’ “What I Like About You,” Sweet’s “Little Willy,” the Marshall Tucker Band’s “Can’t You See” and the Rolling Stones’ “Dead Flowers.” Some of Poison’s best previously recorded covers are also featured on POISON’D!, including Kiss’ “Rock and Roll All Nite,” Grand Funk Railroad’s “We’re An American Band” and Loggins & Messina’s “Your Mama Don’t Dance.”
POISON’D! Track Listing:
1) “Little Willy” (Sweet)
2) “Suffragette City” (David Bowie)
3) “I Never Cry” (Alice Cooper)
4) “I Need to Know” (Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers)
5) “Can’t You See” (The Marshall Tucker Band)
6) “What I Like About You” (The Romantics)
7) “Dead Flowers” (The Rolling Stones)
8) “Just What I Needed” (The Cars)
9) “Rock and Roll All Nite” (Kiss)
10) “Squeeze Box” (The Who)
11) “You Don't Mess Around With Jim” (Jim Croce)
12) “Your Mama Don't Dance” (Loggins & Messina)
13) “We're An American Band” (Grand Funk Railroad)
Following the release of POISON’D!, Poison will hit the road this summer for a major North American concert tour. Tour dates and details will be announced and posted to the band’s official website as they are confirmed. Visit poisonweb.com and myspace.com/poison for the latest Poison news.
In July, VH1 will premiere a new reality show, Rock of Love with Bret Michaels. VH1’s description of the show has “the hard-rockin' Poison front man looking for a woman who can truly keep up with his rock and roll lifestyle and not become jealous of his one true passion—performing, which has been the reason for and destruction of most of his relationships.”
You Might Also Like...
6 min 25 sec ago
15 hours 22 min ago
16 hours 16 min ago
17 hours 4 min ago
17 hours 19 min ago
Video: Mercyful Fate Guitarists Hank Shermann and Michael Denner Revisit Riffs from 1983's 'Melissa'17 hours 40 min ago
17 hours 53 min ago