Sound of Rock: Read the Full Story Behind Marshall Amplification
From its humble origins in the back of a small music store in London, Marshall Amplification has defined the sound of rock for generations of guitarists around the world.
The History of Marshall Amps: The First Fifty Years by Michael Doyle and Nick Bowcott tells the story of Jim Marshall's remarkable life and documents the many innovations of Marshall amplifiers, from the famous “stack” to the most current offerings. The book features:
• Hundreds of color photographs throughout, including rare amplifiers and previously unpublished historical documents
• Reprints of vintage catalogs and marketing materials from Marshall and its related brands, including Park and CMI
• Extensive appraisal and history of the Celestion speaker
• History of the Marshall factory locations and the pictorial “factory tour”
The book is also:
• Predominantly full color (similar books are typically – sometimes exclusively – black and white) and includes more historical material than any previous publication
• The first publication to bring the history of the company and its products up to date
The 352-page History of Marshall Amps: The First Fifty Years is the definitive account of this fascinating company known as “The Sound of Rock.” It's absolutely essential reading for musicians, technicians and collectors alike.
You Might Also Like...
3 hours 53 min ago
4 hours 46 min ago
6 hours 11 min ago
6 hours 19 min ago
6 hours 47 min ago
7 hours 7 min ago
7 hours 25 min ago