Arizona death metallers Job for a Cowboy have made their new album Ruination, available to the public as an online stream. The record, which comes out on Metal Blade July 7, can be heard here.
Additionally, Ruination’s cover art and full color booklet have also been made available for viewing at this location.
The striking, quasi-conceptual motif was designed by Brent Elliott White and takes its inspiration from Job for a Cowboy frontman Jonny Davy’s album lyrics and concepts. Topics addressed by the album’s schema revolve around modern day worldwide dilemmas and controversial issues including “Propaganda in the main stream media and television, humanitarian rights of Northern Korea, the modern genocidal government of Nubia, the use of torture in American military tactics, overruling by world governments and Police states / Martial law.”
Job for a Cowboy’s Ruination is available for pre-order now. A special JFAC “pre-order contest” has just been announced whereby fans can win tickets to see the band on tour with Slayer this summer as part of the ROCKSTAR Energy Mayhem Festival. Fans will also have the chance to score signed Job for a Cowboy musical equipment, merch and more.
There are two ways to enter: 1.) by providing proof of purchase of the new album from one of your favorite online media stores (iTunes, Hot Topic), or by mail. For full contest and entry details, simply visit this location.
Job for a Cowboy features frontman Jonny Davy, guitarists Bobby Thompson and Al Glassman, bassist Brent Riggs and drummer Jon “The Charn” Rice.
Job for a Cowboy tour dates:
* As part of the 2009 ROCKSTAR Energy Mayhem Festival
- July 10 Sacramento, CA Sleep Train Amphitheatre
- July 11 San Francisco, CA Shoreline Amphitheatre
- July 12 San Bernardino, CA Glen Helen Pavilion
- July 14 Seattle, WA White River Amphitheater
- July 17 Phoenix, AZ Cricket Pavilion
- July 18 Albuquerque, NM Journal Pavilion
- July 19 Denver, CO Fiddler's Green Amphitheater
- July 21 Kansas City, MO Sandstone Amphitheater
- July 22 St. Louis, MO Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
- July 24 Atlanta, GA Lakewood Amphitheater
- July 25 Indianapolis, IN Verizon Wireless Music Centre
- July 26 Chicago, IL First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
- July 28 Toronto, ON Molson Amphitheater
- July 29 Scranton, PA Toyota Pavilion
- July 31 Cleveland, OH Blossom Music Center
- August 1 Pittsburgh, PA Post Gazette Pavilion
- August 2 Detroit, MI DTE Energy Music Theatre
- August 4 Boston, MA Tweeter Center for the Performing Arts
- August 6 Virginia Beach, VA Virginia Beach Amphitheater
- August 7 Camden, NJ Susquehanna Bank Center
- August 8 Hartford, CT New England Dodge Music Center
- August 9 Washington, DC Nissan Pavilion
- August 11 Tampa, FL Ford Amphitheatre
- August 12 West Palm Beach, FL Cruzan Amphitheater
- August 14 San Antonio, TX AT&T Center
- August 15 Dallas, TX Superpages.com Center