America’s first-ever hard rock and heavy metal music award show, the Epiphone Revolver Golden Gods Awards, has officially announced the winners from last night's event at Club Nokia in downtown Los Angeles. The event will be officially broadcast on MTV2 as a one-hour special set to debut Saturday, May 2.
* Most Awesomely Good Drummer: Vinnie Paul (Hellyeah/Pantera)
* Best Underground Band: Isis
* Metal Industry Award: The Rainbow Bar & Grill
* Album of the Year : Metallica Death Magnetic
* Honorary Headbanger: Kat Von D
* Golden God: Dave Mustaine (Megadeth)
* Monster Riff of the Year: Slipknot "Psychosocial"
* Most Viral Video: Protest the Hero
* Most Metal Athlete: Shaun White
* Best Live Band: Slipknot
* Best New Talent: Suicide Silence
* Lifetime Achievement: Ozzy Osbourne
* Best International Band: Dethklok
* Reader’s Choice Award: Acacia Strain
* Most Mind-Blowing Guitarists: Jeff Hanneman & Kerry King (Slayer)
* Hottest Chick In Metal: Marta Peterson (Bleeding Through)
Presented by Revolver, America’s leading heavy music magazine, and hosted by actor/comic Brian Posehn (The Sarah Silverman Program), the night -- a celebration of one of rock’s most enduring and fan-supported genres -- also featured special appearances by Motörhead’s Lemmy Kilmister, Glenn Danzig, Maynard James Keenan of Tool and Puscifer, Jonathan Davis of Korn, Kerry King and Tom Araya of Slayer, Alice in Chains, Scott Ian of Anthrax, Chuck Billy of Testament, Jamey Jasta of Hatebreed, Dez Fafara of Devildriver and Robb Flynn of Machine Head, Alex Varkatzas of Atreyu, Ken Susi and Trevor Phipps of Unearth, Steel Panther, Johnny Davy of Job For A Cowboy, Matt Heafy of Trivium, BJ Penn and Hector Echevarria of the new film Never Surrender, WWE wrestler CM Punk, Sirius/XM radio host Jose Mangin, nationally syndicated metal radio host "Full Metal Jackie" and many more.
Performances included headliners Megadeth, Killswitch Engage, Hatebreed, All That Remains and Suicide Silence, along with a very special DJ set from Slipknot’s Corey Taylor that kicked off the event.
T-shirts commemorating the event can now be purchased here.