"The Legendary Soul Man" Sam Moore, voted one of the 100 top pop voices of all time by Rolling Stone Magazine, joins bluegrass group Nu-Blu as a special guest on their upcoming single release "Jesus & Jones," a song that pays tribute to the late George Jones.
Moore, who had been invited personally by George before he passed away, performed at what became Jones' tribute show "Playin' Possum: The Final No Show" in November of 2013.
Sam took no time to agree to participate in recording this song. "I've been a fan of George's music for a long long time and was fortunate enough that we called each other friends," says Moore. "This song honors him and says what we all have felt about him."
Nu-Blu is set to release their latest Rural Rhythm Records single "Jesus & Jones," to radio on July 22nd. The highly anticipated track will serve as the first offering from their forthcoming album, All The Way, due out on September 16.
"We absolutely love this song and its message," says Nu-Blu's Carolyn Routh. "We played the demo for George's widow Nancy Jones and she loved it. With her encouragement we recorded it and just knew we wanted to add a guest vocalist to the recording. Then we thought back to the November tribute show and remembered it was Sam Moore who had just brought the house down. You could see the love he had for George. We connected with Sam and now the recording is done. This is not only Sam's first time ever to record on a bluegrass song, it apparently is the first time anyone from his genre has participated on a bluegrass recording as a featured guest. How cool is that! To have a Rock & Roll Hall of Fame member sing on a bluegrass song. Wow, we are just so thrilled and hope that music lovers enjoy it as much as we did making it."
This is Sam Moore's first venture into the bluegrass realm. Over the years, he has crossed over from soul, the genre his hit "Soul Man" named, rhythm & blues, jazz, big band, pop, and country. Sam Moore was nominated for an ACM, and two CMA's for his collaboration with Conway Twitty of "Rainy Night In Georgia" on the Country, Rhythm & Blues album. Their video is considered a classic and one of the top country duets of all time. This new song, a mix of bluegrass and soul will leave fans wanting more.
All The Way will take Nu-Blu creatively into new boundaries. In addition to the duet with Sam Moore, 'queen of bluegrass' Rhonda Vincent is also featured on the album.
For more information on Nu-Blu, please visit nu-blu.com.
- You can catch Nu-Blu on tour this summer at the following venues/locations:
- Jul 17-18 Olive Hill, KY / Carter County Showgrounds
- Jul 19 Labadie, MO / Labadie Station
- Aug 01-03 Stony Plain, AB (Canada) / Heritage Park
- Aug 09 Hebron, CT / Hebron Fairgrounds
- Aug 16 Ramseur, NC / Ramseur Lake
- Aug 17 Wilmington, NC / USS Battleship North Carolina
- Aug 17 Greenville, NC / Greenville Toyota Amphitheatre
- Aug 22 Valdese, NC / Family Friday Night (Downtown)
- Aug 24 Raleigh, NC / Raleigh Ribfest (Downtown)
- Aug 30 Stuart, VA / Labor Day Gospel Sing (Dominion Valley Park)
- Sep 05 Cherryville, NC / Catawba Valley Music Revival
- Sep 06 Goldsboro, NC / In The Pines Bluegrass Festival
- Sep 28 Manteo, NC / OBX Bluegrass Festival