Paul McCartney has announced that he will play 13 dates across the US, naming his first live outing since 2019 the Got Back tour.
The shows will include dates in LA, Boston, Baltimore, Seattle, LA and Orlando, as well as spots that McCartney has not previously visited or has not played in decades, including Hollywood, FL, Knoxville, TN and Winston-Salem, NC.
“I said at the end of the last tour that I’d see you next time. I said I was going to get back to you,” says McCartney. “Well, I got back!”
As much as it is possible to say so of one of the world’s most enduringly popular songwriters, the former Beatle is enjoying something of a renaissance following the release of Peter Jackson’s 2021 documentary series Get Back, hence the nod in the tour’s branding.
The series has offered a more nuanced and surprising portrayal of the band’s fraught 1969 sessions, casting McCartney and the British icons’ approach to the Let It Be and Abbey Road recordings in a newly sympathetic and humorous light.
Tickets for the new McCartney dates will be on sale from next Friday (February 25), though American Express card holders get early access, with tickets available to them from February 22.
Paul McCartney Got Back 2022 US tour dates
- Thursday, April 28 - Spokane, WA- Spokane Arena
- Monday, May 2- Seattle, WA- Climate Pledge Arena
- Tuesday, May 3- Seattle, WA- Climate Pledge Arena
- Friday, May 6- Oakland, CA- Oakland Arena
- Friday, May 13- Los Angeles, CA- SoFi Stadium
- Tuesday, May 17- Fort Worth, TX- Dickies Arena
- Saturday, May 21- Winston Salem, NC- Truist Field
- Wednesday, May 25- Hollywood, FL- Hard Rock Live
- Saturday, May 28- Orlando, FL- Camping World Stadium
- Tuesday, May 31- Knoxville, TN- Thompson-Boling Arena
- Saturday, June 4- Syracuse, NY- Carrier Dome
- Tuesday, June 7- Boston, MA- Fenway Park
- Sunday, June 12- Baltimore, MD- Oriole Park
- Thursday, June 16- East Rutherford, NJ- MetLife Stadium
For tickets and information, head to PaulMcCartneyGotBack.com (opens in new tab).