Finally available on DVD for the first time, New Door Records/UMe are proud to announce the eagerly awaited release of the two-disc DVD of Live After Death, the legendary recording of Maiden's four-night stand at Long Beach Arena, California, in 1984. In the stores February 5, 2008, the release will coincide with the start of the band's Somewhere Back in Time World Tour, during which they will recreate many of the aspects of this original and spectacular show.
Disc one contains the recording of this full 90-minute concert. Originally filmed on 35mm, the footage comes alive on DVD resulting in a visually stunning film that far outstrips the usual live video of the Eighties. The disc carries two sound options: the original concert audio specially mixed into 5.1 Surround Sound by Kevin Shirley, Maiden's producer since 1999, plus the original stereo sound track by Martin Birch, the band's producer from 1981 to 1993. Originally released on video in 1985, this has been largely unavailable for the past 20 years.
Disc two has Part 2 of the “History of Iron Maiden,” continuing on the Maiden story from the Early Days DVD, along with rare and unseen bonus footage in the form of Behind the Iron Curtain, Rock in Rio '85 and 'Ello Texas, all in all giving a total running time of well over three hours. Also included will be photo galleries, relevant promo videos, artwork galleries, tour dates, tour program and other features which all combine to make the two-disc set a very special and utterly comprehensive treat for their fans.
FULL LIST OF CONTENTS:
Disc 1 - LIVE AFTER DEATH
Live After Death concert with Stereo and Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio (90 minutes)
Set list -
- Churchill Speech/Aces High
- 2 Minutes to Midnight
- The Trooper
- Flight of Icarus
- Rime of the Ancient Mariner
- Number of the Beast
- Hallowed Be Thy Name
- Iron Maiden
- Run to the Hills
- Running Free
Disc 2 DOCUMENTARY / BONUS CONCERT FOOTAGE
1) The History of Iron Maiden - Part 2 (60 min.) - Documentary.
Band members, crew, friends and associates talk about the period in the band's career which saw the writing, recording and release of the Powerslave album, and later Live After Death, and the subsequent massive touring.
2) Behind the Iron Curtain ( 57 min. approx) Documentary and Live - shot during Maiden's historic tour of Poland and other parts to the Eastern Bloc in 1984 featuring interviews, live and offstage footage capturing the atmosphere of this remarkable journey behind the Wall at the height of the Cold War.
3) Live Footage - Rock in Rio '85 (50 min. approx) The full Maiden set supporting Queen on the first day of the first Rock in Rio in front of 300,000 fans.
Songs performed include:
2 Minutes to Midnight
Run to the Hills
4) Ello Texas - 15 minutes - Interview and live. Caught by a film crew in 1983 at the Alamo and sound checking their show in San Antonio.
5) Artwork Gallery, Tour Program, Tour dates and photo gallery
6) Promotional clips for Aces High and 2 Minutes to Midnight
For more information go to www.ironmaiden.com