Gibson made headlines earlier this year with the launch of Gibson TV, the iconic American guitar builder’s all-original, worldwide online network. It's already proven a huge success: since its launch on January 7, Gibson TV has acquired 50,600 new subscribers, 5.5 million new views and 526,500 hours of viewing. All Gibson TV original shows will be streamed for free via Gibson.com - you can subscribe to Gibson TV and watch on YouTube.
Gibson TV’s production team, led by Mark Agnesi and Todd Harapiak, delivers engaging shows with storytelling from iconic artists for music lovers around the world.
“Most guitar content is focused on specs and features only. At Gibson TV, we are far more interested in the stories these guitars have to tell,” says Mark Agnesi, Producer, Gibson TV and Director of Brand Experience, Gibson.
“What is the history? How was it made? Where was it sold? Who are the people that buy and collect them? How did they help create the music which inspires us all? Those stories are far more compelling than the fingerboard radius or the type of magnets in the pickups.”
“As we were developing the framework for Gibson TV, we wanted to produce shows that allow our artists to tell their stories and offer original programming that you can’t find anywhere else,” adds Todd Harapiak, Producer, Gibson TV.
“Viewers can watch first-hand how our guitars are made in ‘The Process’, dig through a guitar collection with Paul McCartney’s guitarist Brian Ray in ‘The Collection’ and spend an hour with Tony Iommi talking about his life on ‘Icons’ and so much more.”
Gibson TV has been recognized by the 41st Annual Telly Awards, winning the 2020 Silver trophy for “Best Online Webseries: Documentary” for “The Process”, a documentary series that takes an in-depth look at how guitars are made, with behind-the-scenes footage of the Gibson USA Factory in Nashville, TN, and interviews with the luthiers who hand-craft the instruments. All 12 episodes of “The Process” are streaming now.
“It’s an honor to receive our first Telly Award for ‘The Process’ six months after launching Gibson TV,” says Cesar Gueikian, Chief Merchant Officer, Gibson.
“The producers Todd Harapiak and Mark Agnesi had a vision to show the entire process of guitar creation direct from our talented artisans at Gibson USA factory in Nashville. The cinematic show has captivated a worldwide audience reaching far beyond guitar fans; I am proud of what they’ve accomplished in such a short period of time.”
Gibson TV offers an inspiring and powerful line-up of all-new exclusive, original shows, including:
- “THE PROCESS” – A landmark, award-winning series which offers viewers a behind-the-scenes look at the physical process of guitar-making. A captivating exploration into Gibson’s crown jewel - the main Gibson USA Factory in Nashville, TN - “THE PROCESS” features in depth interviews with the artisans who hand-craft these beloved instruments, uncovering the how and why these makers create the world’s most loved guitars. All 12 episodes are streaming now.
- “ICONS” – A longform interview series sits down with some of the biggest artists, producers, and music business pioneers. “Icons” explores a deep dive into the rarified world of these music luminaries. Watch Tony Iommi, Bob Rock and coming in July, Jerry Cantrell.
- “THE COLLECTION” – In this series, host Mark Agnesi will take viewers on a deep dive into the extraordinary, personal guitar collections of music’s biggest artists. Watch Dave Amato, Brian Ray and John Shanks, streaming now.
- “RIFF LORDS” a thoroughly epic and unique series gives viewers the opportunity to l earn their favorite riffs direct from the artists who wrote them. Up close and personal, this “how to” series offers a once-in-a-lifetime guitar lesson. Watch Richie Faulkner (Judas Priest) and Phil X (Bon Jovi/Phil X and The Drills), streaming now.
- “THE SCENE” –A travel and lifestyle series visits cities around the U.S. and abroad to find the coolest music destinations. Watch the new episodes streaming now: The Scene Nashville: Carter Vintage Guitars, The Scene Los Angeles: Whisky A Go Go, The Scene Los Angeles: Capitol Studios and The Scene Los Angeles: Amoeba Music.
- “MY FIRST GIBSON” – A series where the artists to tell the story of how and why they acquired their first Gibson guitar, while delving into their musical history and influences and playing style. Watch the new episodes featuring Mike Ness, Gilby Clarke, Jade Puget, Tom Keifer, A Perfect Circle, Jeff Garlin, Jared James Nichols, Steve Caballero, Joe Barresi, Lee Ving, Erik Paparozzi, KJ Apa and Eliot Michael, streaming now.
- “BEHIND THE BOARD” – An “in the studio” series gives both musicians and producers a chance to look back and discuss the recording process in detail of their most ground-breaking and inspired albums. Watch the episode featuring Behind The Board | A Nightmare On Elm Street with producer/composer Charles Bernstein streaming now.
- “THE SONGBOOK” – An acoustic-driven, all-performance series featuring stripped down performances in beautiful spaces from world-renowned artists and up-and-coming musicians. Watch the new episodes featuring Samantha Fish, Cave In, AFI, Marc Menchaca, Nick Perri, Peter Hayes, Buckcherry, Patrick Park and Moon VS Sun, streaming now.
For more information, visit: