Slipknot have announced summer U.S. headline tour dates. The two-week run kicks off on August 22 in Seattle, WA, and runs through September 5 in Milwaukee, WI. Members of the band’s official fan club will be offered tickets first with a pre-sale starting on June 24. A limited number of tickets will be available for general presale on Slipknot1.com on June 25th, with the majority of tickets going onsale to the general public starting June 26 and 27. Anthrax and Black Dahlia Murder will support.
The summer leg of the All Hope Is Gone World Tour marks Slipknot's first headline shows in America since early May, which featured the band playing to over 30,000 people during their headline slot at this year’s Rock on the Range Festival in Columbus, OH. 2009 is a special year for the band, as it marks the 10th anniversary of their groundbreaking debut album. Slipknot will be punishing crowds with classics from their self-titled first record, and will also be busting out tracks from the rest of their catalog right up to their current album, All Hope Is Gone.
The latest single from the #1 album All Hope Is Gone, “Sulfur,” is quickly climbing the charts at rock radio. MTV2 premiered the video, which is currently in regular rotation at the station as well as on Fuse. “Dead Memories” hit #1 at Rock radio and is a Top 20 Modern rock hit, while the album’s first single, “Psychosocial,” was Top 10 at Rock and Top 25 at Modern.
The dates are as follows:
- 8/22 Seattle, WA White River Amphitheater+
- 8/23 Kennewick, WA Toyota Center+
- 8/25 Great Falls, MT Four Seasons Arena^
- 8/26 Billings, MT Metra Park Arena^
- 8/28 Boise, ID Quest Arena+
- 8/29 Salt Lake City, UT The E Center^
- 8/31 Colorado Springs, CO Colorado Springs World Arena^
- 9/01 Casper, WY Casper Events Center^
- 9/03 Fargo, ND Fargodome+
- 9/04 Rochester, MN Mayo Civic Center+
- 9/05 Milwaukee, WI Eagles Ballroom^
- + on sale June 26
- ^ on sale June 27