Iconic New York guitar company D’Angelico is known for its good-looking semi-hollow designs, but they don’t often come this cheap, as Sweetwater has cut a mammoth $700 off the Excel DC for Prime Day.
The Excel DC is a 335-style double-cutaway design – that’s what the DC stands for, folks – and its flame maple body is complemented by a host of elegant visual touches, including a Stairstep tailpiece, Grover Super Rotomatic tuners and that distinctive D’Angelico headstock.
Swift playability comes courtesy of a slim C-shape neck, while a pair of Seymour Duncan ’59 pickups are on hand for vintage humbucker tones – they’re even coil-splittable for snappier single-coil sounds.
What’s more, you can get this semi-hollow stunner in five glorious finishes – Vintage Sunburst, Natural, Grey Black, Cherry and Black – with the option of a Stairstep Trapeze or stopbar tailpiece, in case you’re looking for something less flash.
These models were previously selling for $1,699, but at $999 apiece, they’re a sound investment for any guitarist keen to have a top-spec semi in their collection.
D’Angelico Excel DC:
$1,699 $999 at Sweetwater
Could this be the biggest guitar discount we'll see this Prime Day? Sweetwater has taken $700 off this elegant semi-hollow, which comes complete with Seymour Duncan ’59 humbuckers and a classic center-block build. Five finishes are available: Vintage Sunburst, Natural, Grey Black, Cherry and Black.View Deal
- Amazon US | All of today’s Amazon Prime Day deals
- Amazon guitar deals | Shop all of their guitar deals
- Guitar Center | Check out the HUGE Guitar-a-thon sale
- Sweetwater | Shop their huge Prime-Time deals event
- Musician's Friend | It's Rocktober! Save up to 25% on guitar gear
- Sam Ash | Take a trip to the Sam Ash outlet
- Zzounds | View all the special offers on guitar gear