NAMM 2021 isn't taking place in the physical realm this year, but you'll find all the hottest January gear launches in our guide to the biggest guitar, amp and pedal releases of 2021 so far.
Fender has kicked off 2021 with a bang, announcing new 75th Anniversary models, the all-new Noventa Series, the expansion of the American Ultra Series with new Luxe Strats and Teles, new Artist Signature models and brand-new amps.
But a large-scale Fender announcement wouldn't be complete without the introduction of new Squier electric guitars. Thus, the guitar giant has unveiled five new additions to its Squier Contemporary line: the Stratocaster Special, Stratocaster Special HT, Stratocaster HH FR, Telecaster RH and Jaguar HH ST.
Talking specifics in terms of pickups, the Stratocaster Special and Stratocaster Special HT each boast a triple alnico single-coil setup, while the Stratocaster HH FR and Jaguar HH ST are equipped, as you'd expect from the name, with dual humbuckers. Both the Strat HH FR and Jaguar HH ST feature coil-tap switching.
The Telecaster RH sports a slightly more noteworthy configuration, with an SQR rail humbucker in the bridge position and an Atomic humbucker in the neck.
Bridge-wise, the Strat Special is equipped with a 2-point tremolo system; the Strat Special HT features a string-through body hardtail bridge; the Strat HH FR dons a double-locking Floyd Rose trem; the Tele RH boasts a six-saddle hardtail bridge; and the Jaguar HH ST is fitted with an Adjusto-Matic bridge.
Prices and finishes for each of the new models are as follows:
- Squier Contemporary Stratocaster Special – $429.99, available in Black and Sky Burst Metallic
- Squier Contemporary Stratocaster Special HT – $429.99, available in Pearl White and Sunset Metallic
- Squier Contemporary Stratocaster HH FR – $449.99, available in Shell Pink Pearl and Gunmetal Metallic
- Squier Contemporary Telecaster RH – $429.99, available in Pearl White, Shoreline Gold and Gunmetal Metallic
- Squier Contemporary Jaguar HH ST – $449.99, available in Sky Burst Metallic and Shoreline Gold